Updated: Nov 8, 2019
Tuesdays have long since become known as #TacoTuesdays. Every Tuesday, people rush to the social media streets in excitement to join in on the hashtag.
Fun fact: Taco Tuesday has been a registered trademark by Taco John since 1989. Never heard of them? Taco John is a Mexican restaurant chain based out of the MidWest.
The taco is a simple concept with endless possibilities to dress it up. It makes it the perfect street food. From hard shell to soft shell, meat to vegan, breakfast to dinner, the taco has made a name for itself. Even different regions have adopted their version of the taco - Korean beef for example.
While the southwest may arguably have some of the best tacos, there are some spots in Boston are just as good. Plus, they'll save you that trip to Texas or California. Grab a seat and chill out solo during lunch or after work with friends.
Here is a list of restaurants you can check out next time you're looking to satisfy a taco craving:
• Lone Star Taco Bar – Allston, MA
• Lolita Back Bay – Boston, MA
• El Pelon Taqueria – Boston, MA
• Chilacates – Jamaica Plain, Boston, MA (*not pictured)
• La Taqueria – Roslindale, Boston, MA
• Bartaco – Seaport BLVD, Boston, MA
• Coeranos – Allston, Boston, MA (*one of the best Tofu tacos I’ve ever had!)
• Taco Loco – Somerville, MA
• Habanero Mexican Grill – Allston, MA • Citrus & Salt – Boston, MA
• Tremont 647 – Boston, MA
**images are in same order as list